Writing sessions start-up from February 15,
Every Thursday 9:30-11:30,
sign up on http://bit.ly/writewrite
Writing is a craft and one of the key requirements in conveying any research. It is also a vital part of academia and requires creativity but also scientific robustness. ETHOS Lab acknowledges this desk-work as an analytical process that needs to be taken seriously and which is why we have weekly #shutupandwrite sessions on Thursdays from 9:30-11:30. The first session in the spring semester 2018 will be February 15 and the last meet up will be May 10.
This initiative was introduced to the IT-University by co-head of lab Rachel Douglas-Jones, also co-teaching the course ‘Writing Innovation Studio’. Rachel has successfully been organizing #shutupandwrite sessions for ETHOS Lab researchers and refers to the blog ‘The Thesis Whisperer‘ by Dr. Inger Mewburn, Director of Research Training at the Australian National University for inspiration.
No matter what you are writing on – please join in the sessions and read more about the advantages with making them part of your study/academic rhythms.
When: Every Thursday from 9:30-11:30
Where: ETHOS Lab, 3A30 (or alternatively a meeting room depending on number of participants)
Register here and get calendar invites and e-mail updates
Resources for writing:
- The Thesis Whisperer by Associate Professor Inger Mewburn https://thesiswhisperer.com/
- The Researcher Whisper: https://theresearchwhisperer.wordpress.com/2012/08/21/shut-up-and-write-year-later/
- Academic phrase bank: http://www.phrasebank.manchester.ac.uk/
- Writers & Editors: http://www.writersandeditors.com/preface__foreword__or_introduction__57375.htm
- Narrative nonfiction: http://www.writersandeditors.com/narrative_nonfiction_57378.htm