Navigating Complexity: Mapping Visualisation & Decision-Making
ETHOS Lab organises and supports teaching of digital tools and methods on the course Navigating Complexity: Mapping, Visualisation & Decision-Making. Tools used on Navigating Complexity, for data collection (qualitative and quantitative), analysis and visualisation (or organisation and other representations):
- Gephi is an interactive visualization and exploration platform for all kinds of networks and complex systems, dynamic and hierarchical graphs.
- TCAT (Twitter Capture and Analysis Tool)
- Twitter Capture and Analysis Toolset (TCAT) is a tool to capture and analyse tweets developed by Eric Borra at the Digital Method Initiative (DMI). TCAT listens for a number of defined hashtags and text string which are stored and subsequently analysed through the tool.
- Tableau is software for data visualisation and analysis. With dashboards, data can be explored and combined to for interactive exploration.
- ArcGIS is a geographic information system (GIS) for working with maps and geographic information. It is used for creating and using maps, compiling geographic data, analyzing mapped information, sharing and discovering geographic information, using maps and geographic information in a range of applications, and managing geographic information in a database.
- Nivivo is software for qualitative data analysis. It is for qualitative researchers working with very rich text-based and/or multimedia information, where deep levels of analysis on small or large volumes of data are required.