Workshop: Critical Technological Pedagogies as Future Making
December 10 @ 09:00 - 14:00Free
ETHOS Lab will host a workshop to explore how the approaches we take in pedagogical design also tell us about the kind of digital future we want. The many decisions that go into building a learning environment for critical reflection on digital technologies include developing syllabi and learning exercises, creating spaces for formal and informal education, making choices of coding languages in coding clubs, etc. In these decisions technology education, we also imagine the digitalized societies of the future and the types of digitally savvy or computationally literate people we want youth to become.
The workshop will explore how the critical technological pedagogies we design take up youth as a site for imagining Denmark’s digital future. We will do this through a combination of storytelling and prototyping around “figures” that draw together ideals and values for the future. Participants will be invited to bring reflections on their teaching or education research experience.
- Samantha Breslin, Anthropology, Copenhagen University
- Peter Danholt, Culture and Communication, Aarhus University
- Josef Nguyen, Critical Media Studies, University of Texas Dallas
- Friday 10 December 2021, 9:00-14:00 (lunch included)
- ScrollBar, IT University of Copenhagen
- Seats limited and RSVP required to firstname.lastname@example.org