Actor Network Text Analyzer (ANTA) is a piece of software developed by the Sciences Po médialab to analyse medium-size text corpora, by extracting the expressions they contained in a set of texts and drawing a network of the occurrence of such expressions in the texts.
If not, you can download it here, and set it up if your have a server and some technical skills.
When installed and running, you can watch these screencasts to get started:
A1: How to use the NYT API(access to NYT API depreciated)
- A2: Loading documents into ANTA
- A3: Starting your analysis
- A4.1: Including entities
- A4.2: Including entities, part 2
- A5.1: Tagging entities
- A5.2: Tagging entities, part 2
- A6: Exporting network, analyzing in Gephi
- Guide to parsing data in Excel to use in ANTA: 20150518-Guide-VBATweetParsing. Can be used to turn rows of excel data into .txt files for analysis in ANTA.